Laparoscopic surgery is now an extremely minimally invasive procedure leading to the rapid growth of laparoscopic procedures.
The advancements in technologies are reflected in decreased hospital stay, improved wound healing, reduced postoperative pain, earlier return to daily activity, and improved mobility. You can opt for the services of the top laparoscopy best hospital online.
Image Source: Google
Still, fears regarding risks, pain, recovery, etc. are common to experience. So here is a guide to making everything smooth.
Before Surgery: Preparing for Operation
1. Get your body ready by staying hydrated for at least two weeks until surgery. Drink at least ten ltr of water every day to ensure smooth surgery.
2. The surgeons usually suggest bowel preparation in the evening before surgery. You should follow a liquid diet one day before surgery to assist bowel evacuation.
3. Finish common household chores beforehand to make life easier after surgery. Wash all the bedsheets have fresh towels available, and a cupboard dedicated to post-op comfortable clothes. You can also hire an assistant to help you after surgery.
After Undergoing Surgery: Getting Back to Normal
1. While it is important to take a rest, one should start doing day-to-day activities at home after one to two weeks. However, lifting loads should be limited to lighter objects.
2. Do not perform any strenuous housework until four weeks after the operation; it may hamper internal healing.
3. Performing light exercises like walking will facilitate recovery and speed up the healing process.